June 2020 President's Letter
This month at WEO, we are focusing on reducing stress. Who couldn’t benefit from less stress these days?
I’ve compiled a list of ten practices that I strongly believe with help you reduce stress and improve your well-being. If implementing all ten seems even more stressfull—then pick one to try out for now.
1. Eat real whole foods. The kind that do not come with a laundry list of unpronounceable ingredients on the label.
2. Enjoy a lot of sunshine and fresh air. Even a quick walk in the rain can be refreshing.
3. Get plenty of sound, uninterrupted sleep.
4. Experience nature intimately. Dig your hands into the dirt in your garden or walk barefoot through the grass.
5. Add more laughter to your routine. It’s contagious and fun!
6. Reduce screen time. This is a tough one in our current world and is well worth the effort.
7. Practice mindful and conscious deep breathing throughout the day, especially before meals.
8. Move more every day. Dancing around the kitchen works well.
9. Don’t forget to nurture those close relationships that are closest to you.
10. Choose carefully what you want to focus on right now. You get to control what enters into your mind.
Join us at our June WEO Virtual Meeting! It’s all about reducing stress! I look forward to seeing you there.